Advanced Cat Grooming Course
Book all four courses (Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced and Master and receive a FREE Bonus: the Cat Grooming Business Course and complimentary copies of Grooming Shorthaired Cats and Grooming Longhaired Cats with DVD, signed by the author Svetlana Broussova. Moreover, you'll receive up to one week of work experience and up to six months of support, completely FREE of charge!
The Advanced Cat Grooming course is exclusively available on a one-to-one basis, and it can only be booked together with the Master Cat Groomer level course.
For detailed instructions on how to book your course and information regarding payment plans, please refer to the “How to book your course and payment plans” section on our FAQ page.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly at 020 8550 0430 or 07825 882 028,
or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course has been designed as a continuation of the Intermediate Course in Cat Grooming, or for people with previous experience who would like to take their skills to the next level, subject to assessment and practical exam.
The course takes you to the next level of cat grooming expertise, to polish and develop your skills and knowledge, perfecting your core techniques. Introduce a broader range to your repertoire, dealing with more challenging cats and building up the most sophisticated techniques in grooming and cat whispering. Begin the journey into clipper and scissor work, learning the lion and full clip.
This course consists of 15 days of intensive tuition into the greater varieties of cat grooming and handling techniques. We look at the most challenging environments a professional cat groomer has to manage: dealing with cats with behavioural issues; cats with very poor coat quality; kittens and older cats. You will not only consolidate all the skills you have learned to date through extra guided practise, but now add the full range of bathing techniques, blow drying options, finishing products and styling preferences.
On this course we will also guide you through the legalities of setting up your own cat grooming business, how to manage people and customers, and all about hygiene and health and safety requirements.
You will be working directly with your tutor, and number of different types of cats will be provided each day for you to develop the most broad and balanced practise possible.
By the end of this course you will be able confidently give a faultless full groom for any breed of cat with from dry bath to wet bath, blow dry and styling to perfection. You will have an introductory knowledge of the handling techniques needed for difficult and aggressive cats.
At the end of the course you will sit a written assessment and practical exam and on successful completion will receive the Cat Grooming School «Advanced Level in Cat Grooming» certificate
- Learn from Master cat groomers
- Intensive tuition
- Plenty of cats to practise
- Full support on purchasing required tools, materials and products
- Study material and work book are provided
- Receive a certificate on completion, along with a video and photo material for your portfolio
On this course you will:
- Learn to groom a great range of different cats
- Know about all the different coat types, and handling matted coats
- Be fully competent in bathing, blow drying and styling the cats
- Learn about blades, work with clippers and scissors
- Learn to work confidently on your own with the cat
- Learn cat behavioural techniques and cat whispering in order to be successful
- Learn first aid for cats and humans
- Have a good knowledge of health problems and skin disorders
- Have a thorough knowledge of hygiene and sanitation
- Gain an introduction to producing a lion clip and full clip
- Be clued up on health and safety in the workplace
- Have the skills to welcome, receive and care for all clients
- Know the best tools, product and materials on the market
- Learn the legislation needed for a cat grooming business
- Be able to carry out a cat health and behaviour assessment
- Be confident with the handling of cats and restraint techniques